A Volkswagen with Room for More Family, Fun and Adventure
- The all new 7-seater Teramont is built for the modern family
- The vehicle focuses on space, quality, safety and connectivity
- Competitively priced, designed to draw customer attention to the family SUV
- Starting from AED 137,100 including 3 year servicing
5 September 2018 – Volkswagen Middle East welcomes the all new Teramont, Volkswagen’s first ever 7 seater to the GCC region. The new robust SUV presents a new chapter in Volkswagen’s history and allows families to make room for more of life’s eventualities.
The all new Teramont presents itself as the perfect family SUV, with a functional seven-seat layout, effortless one-step third row entry and exit, even with child seats in place – making room for all the family.
The 7-seater builds on the latest Volkswagen design DNA to create a bold new look in the SUV segment and its modern and muscular design retains classic proportions and clean line.
Engineered from Volkswagen’s award-winning Modular Transverse Matrix (MQB) architecture, Teramont sits 198.3 inches long, 78.3 inches wide and 70.0 inches high – larger than any other Volkswagen model on sale in the Middle East.
Andrew Savvas, Brand Director Volkswagen Middle East said: “Welcoming the Teramont to our market is a delight, as we are confident this car will be perfect for this location. Size matters, especially for families in this region and this is exactly what we can deliver now. The Teramont expresses true Volkswagen style and quality finish – delivering the distinctive design and craftsmanship we’re known for, now with room for seven. This year we have been busy ramping up our SUV range and having this 7-seater now means we have a complete line up in place and can offer the perfect car for every type of family.”
Volkswagen Middle East is optimistic that the seven-seater will be well-received across the region, due to its suitability for families’ everyday requirements and the competitive price point against others in the market.
Safety for families is priority in all Volkswagen vehicles, and passive safety features include the three-point seatbelts for all seats, side-curtain head-protection airbags that cover all three rows, and a reinforced safety-cage construction. From front to back, all these technologies work together to help keep families safe.
The all new Teramont is available in four trim levels – an S with a 2.0L engine, and a 3.6L in S, SE and SEL, starting at AED 137,100 including VAT and 3 year service or 45,000 kilometers (whichever comes first).
Teramont Key Facts:
- The Teramont is the name of the largest, and first seven-seater SUV from Volkswagen
- The seven-seat SUV is built in Chattanooga, Tennessee alongside the Passat NMS
- LED headlights are available as standard on all trimlines of the new Teramont
- The wheelbase is among the best in its competitor set, enabling absolute comfort for the five rear passengers
- The Teramont features 17 cup holders, it is suitable for families of all sizes
- Opening up behind the rear hatch is a flexible luggage compartment volume of 583 to 1,571 litres
- Turbocharged engine offers a power output range of 220 HP Engines available with automatic transmission and all-wheel drive (4MOTION) (2.0 TSI and 3.6L FSI)
- Range of driver assistance features as a result of the MQB platform
- New assistance systems present affordable innovation
Teramont’s USA equivalent, the Atlas, received countless awards including:
- Best Family SUV by the Northwest Automotive Press Association (NWAPA) at the 2018 Outdoor Activity Vehicle of the Year competition
- Best Three-Row SUV in the 10 Best Family Cars for 2018 list by Parents magazine and Edmunds
- Car.com “Best 3-Row SUV of 2017
About the Volkswagen brand: “We make the future real”
The Volkswagen Passenger Cars brand is present in over 150 markets and produces vehicles at more than 50 locations in 14 countries. Volkswagen manufactured over 6 million vehicles in 2017, including bestsellers such as the Golf, Tiguan, Jetta or Passat. The company has a current workforce of 198,000 employees around the globe. Added to this are more than 7,700 dealers with 74,000 employees. Volkswagen consistently pursues the enhancement of automotive construction. Electric mobility, smart mobility and the digital transformation of the brand are the key strategic topics for the future.